Skip to main content

Fallout

This is an old song that I finally finagled into sounding good. The track uses Neon Indian's Fallout and was inspired by Frank Ocean's Strawberry Swing.  As with that song, I stripped the song of its original vocals and used the title as a starting point to craft a story of my own.  Hope you like it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bqv9d7821m7nn7m
(I tried posting to SoundCloud, but the fact that I pretty much used a copyrighted track in its entirety did not make them very happy.)

Lyrics:
[Verse 1]
Falling, falling out of control
Away we will go
To make love, oh how sweet
Warm night, city breeze

Not so sweet nothings and furtive stares
Not the answer to my prayers, but
Stagger, stumble through the door
Bet tomorrow that’ll make you sore

[Chorus]
And we’re falling in and falling out of control
And we’re falling in and falling out of control

[Verse 2]
Turn on the night light, not too bright
Just enough to set things right, it
Won’t go over well what the hell
Doesn’t matter if you never tell

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
The fresh air will set things right,
Dull away all that’s inside,
Out the door, pay the fare
Turn away, never cared

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Albums [9/13]

This week's a pretty good one for new releases.  Girls' Father, Son, Holy Ghost as well as St. Vincent's Strange Mercy will be officially released.  I've listened through both of them, and I thought I'd give them both a quick review. Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost: Girls is a San Francisco band, whose singer had a fucked up childhood in the Children of God cult, that makes ramshackle, charming, lo-fi, Beach Boys-sounding rock music. If you haven't heard their music, listen to Lust for Life , Laura , and/or Hellhole Ratrace off their first album (which was terribly titled as "Album").  Anyways, this album is definitely more expensive sounding than their debut, with more intricate and varied arrangements.  However, the songwriting is just not there.  I listened through the whole thing twice and found nothing to like.  Ironically, the only song that didn't make me want to vomit was the one called Vomit.  For that, I'll give this album a point...

New Albums [9/27]

Switchfoot - Vice Verses : I like the album title.  Too bad the music couldn't be as interesting.  It's all just extremely straightforward and easy-to-digest rock.  Pleasant enough, but entirely forgettable.  Dark Horse is rather enjoyable though.  Certainly below the level of Dare You to Move and Meant to Live, but better than anything else they've done.  Points: 1 Blink-182 - Neighborhoods : Just reread the Switchfoot review, replacing Dark Horse with After Midnight , and Dare You to Move and Meant to Live with All the Small Things, Adam's Song, and I Miss You.  Hell, I'll even do it for you: I like the album title.  Too bad the music couldn't be as interesting.  It's all just extremely straightforward and easy-to-digest rock.  Pleasant enough, but entirely forgettable.  After Midnight is rather enjoyable though.  Certainly below the level of All the Small Things, Adam's Song, and I Miss You, but better than ...

Why the Lady Gaga Phenomenon is Over

There are only three things a great artist needs to do: Have great songs. Sing effortlessly in tune. Sing with complete abandon and faith in the music. Lady Gaga's got the last two points taken care of, but, in her drive to do something incredible, crazy, and meaningful, she forgot about the first and most important point.  She forgot to write good songs. The Fame/The Fame Monster were spotty but they had their fair share of great songs (Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance) and quite a few decent ones.  Born This Way, on the other hand has only one truly great song, The Edge of Glory, and two other passable ones, You and I and Born This Way.  The rest of the album is interesting but utterly forgettable.  She also didn't help her cause by giving the one great song a terrible music video.  Adele, Beyonce, Britney Spears, and even J-Lo released better albums this year, and, when you're trying to be the biggest pop star in the world, fifth best amon...